15 June 2013

Food Diary: Egg, Meat & Potato Melody Mash-up!!

One of the wonderful benefits of my job at Catalyst Ranch is the leftovers from the corporate meetings' lunches (pretty much on a daily) that we get to enjoy as well. We are also allowed take to take food home, and what ever else is left we donate the extra food to the Pacific Gardens Mission.  

Well, first off we get our food catered for our corporate clients from the deliciously nutritious Big Delicious Planet, and may I just say, they are the Bomb.com.  I know that's super lame but so very true.

Now some weeks I can take home a lot of food because we may be packed with meetings, which means more leftovers.  Now depending on the dish, I may just take it home and eat it as is, but normally I use the leftovers to create something else delicious!

One of my favorite dishes to remix is the Potato Melody which consists of red, russet and sweet potatoes with onions, red pepper and garlic. Now of course this is already great just as is, but you can always take something to the next level!

So here is my "Egg, Meat & Potato Melody Mash-up."  This is pretty much always my go to brunch meal for my teammates after a great Saturday workout. The best part is that there are endless options to making this a fabulous brunch meal on the go or to sit and share among family and friends.


On this go around I used the previously mentioned potato melody from Big D because I had it, chicken breast (also from Big D), topped with fresh Parmesan cheese (also from Big D!) 

RECIPE:
(IF you are using already cooked potatoes just warm them up in the skillet. If making from fresh potatoes be sure to cook potatoes and vegetables through before adding meat and eggs.)

    Ingredients:

  • Potatoes (your choice, or choose them all)
  • Vegetables (your choice also. Pick what you actually like to make the meal tailored to your taste. The sky is the limit: onion, shallots, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, asparagus, spinach, I could go on and on...)
  • Meat (cooked before putting with potatoes: bacon, sausage, turkey, chicken, etc....)
  • Eggs 
  • Cheese (shredded for topping)

Directions:
  1. If using raw potatoes, place in skillet with a little olive oil and cook on medium heat.
  2. Add vegetables and cook through.
  3. Add cooked meat once the potatoes and vegetable are cooked through.
  4. Once everything is nice and hot, crack the desired amount of eggs over the top of mixture (make a few spaces in the potato mixture so that the egg will cook through).
  5. Once the egg has turned white and the yolk is still runny, remove and plate.
  6. Top with cheese of choice.
The terrible photos are from this afternoon's meal. Also please note that I usually forget to take a finished product photo until I am halway through the meal =-\... 

Let me know what types of mixtures you enjoy! I love learning and sharing new ways of making things!

Peace Peeps! Happy Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment