21 December 2010

I Stumbled Upon....

ART!!!! Whilst out and about last week downtown, I came across an art gallery in a store at 205 South State street and wandered inside to see what was going on (especially since it is free) and I found some awesome artwork!! I then learned that this exhibit is a part of the "Pop-Up Art Loop" with the Chicago Loop Alliance, and there are many more all over downtown and they just pop-up in random stores that are currently unoccupied. The name of this exhibit is called " Love Flows Both Ways: street culture x contemporary art" and it is definitely worth a visit if you are in Chicago for the holidays since it is still running. Click here and check out all the exhibits they have going on currently, as there are quite a few. Just so you know the exhibits are all free to the public and open Monday thru Saturday 11:30am-5:30pm, which makes it that much more of a reason to go, soooo what are you waiting for?!?!?! Go! Explore! Enjoy! Here are some of the pieces that caught my eye, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do , though the photos give the pieces absolutely no justice, sorry about that!! =-) Until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment