28 February 2011

The Great Chicago Snowstorm of 2011

For those of you that weren't in Chicago about a month ago, I'm sure you heard of the snowstorm that took place here. We accumulated over 20 inches in one day!! It was crazy and enchanting all at the same time!

You already know I went outside to play in the snow plenty of times, which is probably why posting in February was non-existent, sorry about that... However, I did enjoy walking around my neighborhood and helping out my friends and neighbors who I haven't seen in months, considering everyone is in hibernation during the winters here!! Also it was great to see how well people were acting towards one another for a little while, everybody helped, because no one could tackle that amount of snow alone...

I also saw many different household items that people drug out from their homes to dig their cars out... I think it was really funny because most people here underestimated the storm and figured it would be bad, but not THAT bad, like so bad that Lake Shore Drive was a parking lot!! Fun time fun times!!!!

So in honor of the Great Chicago Snowstorm of 2011 (which I keep calling it), I created a poll to see what all of you think!!!
I want to know which do you think is the #1 dumbest household item to use to dig your car out the snow?

According to those that voted, the #1 dumbest household item to use to dig your car out the snow is a tie between a dustpan and a kool-aid pitcher! Thanks for voting!


Oh, and for your viewing pleasure, a glimpse outside my front window during the storm looking at the street! As you can see, Chicago was a still city that night!! And that was just during the snow, more snow accumulated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment