01 February 2011

Some say I am a...

...well if the shoe fits, I might as well wear it!

My god-sister found this door plaque for me on her travels and I just swooned when I saw it! The colors, the texture, the message! I mean, I myself am not a huge fan of labels, (especially in a world where everyone wants to label people) but when I am called a "hippie" that's one label I embrace rather than despise!

I don't know why I began thinking about this term so literally all of a sudden, but I had an urge to look up the word hippie and learn the actual definition, rather than continue to allow people to place a label upon me that I have a vague knowledge of...

Here it is, according to Dictionary.com the term hippie is:
a person, esp. of the late 1960s, who rejected established institutions and values and sought spontaneity, direct personal relations expressing love, and expanded consciousness, often expressed externally in the wearing of casual, folksy clothing and of beads, headbands, used garments, etc. (also see flower child)

Also according to Merriam-Webster.com the definition of hippie is:
a usually young person who rejects the mores of established society (as by dressing unconventionally or favoring communal living) and advocates a nonviolent ethic: a long-haired unconventionally dressed young person

WOWZERS!! Well apparently hippie is a good word to describe me in a nutshell! After reading the definitions and taking a look at myself and a look at my belongings, it seems as though I am more of a hippie than I ever realized!! And to add on to that I am a huge fan of the 60s! Like almost everything 60s! I love the 60s so much that I used to believe I was supposed to be born in 1965 as opposed to 1985, but hey, everybody has to deal with the hand their dealt! =-)

Anywho, I snapped a few photos of some stuff in my bedroom to share with you, and you can decide if you think I'm a hippie or not! =-) Until next time! Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment