07 March 2011

Day Seven: Taking a Positive Step into the Past

So I went searching in our old storage unit, and much to my surprise, I found a lot of things in there that I have totally forgotten about or haven't seen in years. The first thing I grabbed out of there was my Tia's Royal Arrow portable typewriter. I love this thing, and I remember playing with it as a small child. What I didn't know until looking it up is that is a deluxe addition, and top of the line of it's time. To my surprise, it's in excellent condition for the exception of one letter, which I will have to get repaired. As for that, all I need is some ribbon and some paper because I'm super stoked to get writing on this treasure! Anyone know of a good typewriter repair shop in the Chicago-land area? Do you know any other cool or interesting facts about this awesome piece of machinery that you'd like to share? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts! Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment