08 March 2011

Day Eight: Incorporating History into Modern Reality

While on my random search through the storage unit, alllllll the way in the back, in an old portfolio of my father's (he was a photographer, more to be explained in another post), I found this fantastic picture of my mother that my dad took around the time they first met.

As soon as I saw it I knew I needed to frame it and put it up immediately, and so that's exactly what I did! Here's the finished product!


What's hilarious is that when I showed my mom what I did, she thought it was ME! =-) So I told her NO! That's you! And then she remembered and we laughed about it... That made me think that maybe I need to take a photo like this and compare the two!

What are your thoughts about using your own personal history as artwork or as inspiration for artwork in your own modern reality??

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

    Feel free to visit my website ... reklamy lubin

    ReplyDelete