18 January 2011

Today's Look: GOLD... Possibly the new BFF??

I must say that I LOVE my new black and gold Christian Siriano for Payless boots!!! They are so gorgeous and FAB!! However, the number one problem I've had since purchasing them is, "What the hell do I wear with these??" Now that may not seem like such a dilemma for most of you, but an ALL silver girl living in a sometimes gold world, at times I find myself lost. I mean, I've just never been a huge fan of yellow gold, UNTIL I made the jump and purchased these very dramatic boots and forced myself to try something new and different in my wardrobe for once in life!

After much thought and many outfit changes, I think this outfit worked out great to parlay with friends last night!! Black jeans, black t-shirt, and black blazer coupled with gold accesories and one of my late Aunt Tia's beautiful scarves (more of which I'll have to show later)...

THEN I walked outside to grab something from the car and noticed that it was a nice freezing rain/snow type of precipitation trickling out of the sky, and I decided that I like these boots (and my life for that matter) too much to attempt walking in these down treacherously slippery streets!!

Sooooo, I opted for my over the knee boots worn here and just kept everything else on. I figured since I need to start building a relationship with yellow gold, why not start ASAP! =-)

While trying to find some type of reasonable parking I found this super cool yellow garage door and I thought it be a great backdrop for this particular project! Check out some of the pics and tell me what you think! What are YOUR ideas on styling these boots? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts! Until next time friends! Peace.




Blazer: H&M * T-Shirt, Belt: Forever 21 * Jeans: Shio (can be purchased at Nordstroms or Macy's) * Scarf: Inherited * Boots: Payless Shoe Source

No comments:

Post a Comment