14 January 2011

A Green Fruit Smoothie to Keep the Doc away...

...but please don't quote me on that! It's the beginning of the New Year and it is easy to want to workout and start eating healthier, especially after the holidays when all you do is "Eat, Drink and Be Merry," so probably like most of you, I am again trying new ideas to add to my diet and workout routine to keep me feeling fresh and upbeat!

For about the past week I have decided to begin my day with a Morning Green Fruit Smoothie! I know, you may be looking at the screen like "This girl is crazy!" but actually it tastes great and it's great for you! SO why not give it a try!

I usually shop for most of my grocerices at ALDI and I must say I just love it! I sometimes have to go to other stores but I just love ALDI because it's cheap, close, and has most everything I need. =-) But wherever you shop you should be able to get essential things, if not, you have a huge problem on your hands!

Anywho, I use fresh and frozen fruit, yogurt, ice, fruit juice, and don't forget to eat your greens! Grab a handful or two of spinach (which I like the most right now), or kale, or parsley, whatever your preference. Try out different things and see what you like best! I'm just a spinach head, so that's what I've used so far.

I'm old school when it comes to cooking and preparing things, so you won't really find a lot of measurements around these parts! That's just how I roll! However, the smoothies that I have been making are super easy and VERY tasty and take about 5 to 10 minutes out of your day and you are ready to go. It's light on your stomach yet filling. So for you "I don't have time for breakfast" people, you don't have an excuse anymore! Unless you don't own a blender... Then, um, I don't know.... But those of you who DO have a blender, you have no more excuses! So here is my breakfast shake I had this morning!


Spinach, Banana, Frozen strawberries, Frozen blueberries, NonFat Vanilla Yogurt, Ice, Orange Juice. Blend.


Enjoy!


Try mine! Try your own! Tell me what you used differently! I love trying out new things and I'd love to hear about yours! Until next time! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment